Download CDS Previous Year Questions Papers PDF
CDS Previous Year Questions Papers PDF The Combined Defence Services Examination (abbreviated as CDS Exam) is conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment into the Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy. The Notification for the examination is usually released in the months of October and June, and the examinations are conducted in February and November respectively. Only unmarried graduates are eligible to sit for the exam. Successful candidates are admitted into the respective Academies after an interview conducted by the Services Selection Board (SSB).
CDS Syllabus 2020: Overview
|Mode of exam
|Number of sections
|Indian Military Academy (IMA), Indian Naval Academy (INA) and Air Force Academy (AFA) – Three Officers’ Training Academy (OTA) – Two
|Total marks of the test
|IMA, INA and AFA – 300 OTA – 200
|Nature of questions
|Language of question paper
|Hindi and English
|Duration of the test
|2 hours for each section of test
CDS Exam Pattern for IMA, INA, AFA
CDS Exam Pattern for OTA
CDS Syllabus 2020: Marking Scheme
Negative marking is applicable for every wrong marked answer. In CDS paper, each question carries 4 options and out of which only 1 option is correct. For each incorrect answer, 1/3 of the marks will be deducted. More than one option marked is treated as incorrect. However, if a question is left unanswered there will be no negative marking.
CDS Syllabus 2020: Subject-Wise Syllabus
Candidates can check the UPSC CDS Syllabus in the table given below.
|General Awareness (GK)
UPSC CDS 2020 Written Exam Paper
UPSC CDS 2019 Written Exam Paper
UPSC CDS 2018 Written Exam Paper
UPSC CDS 2017 Written Exam Paper
UPSC CDS 2016 Written Exam Paper
UPSC CDS 2015 Written Exam Paper
UPSC CDS 2014 Written Exam Paper
CDS Important Instructions
- Write only in Black ballpoint pen, your Centre and subject followed by the CDS 2020 test booklet series (in bracket), subject code and the exam roll number at the appropriate space provided on the answer sheet at the top.
- Encode your CDS 2020 booklet series (A, B, C, or D as the case may be), subject code and roll number in the circles provided for the purpose in the answer sheet.
- In case the CDS booklet series is not printed on the test booklet or answer sheet is un-numbered then candidates should report immediately to the invigilator and get the test booklet/answer sheet replaced.
- Candidates should note that any omission/mistakes/discrepancy in encoding/filling of details in the CDS 2020 OMR answer sheet, especially with regard to the Roll Number and Test Booklet Series Code, will render the answer sheet liable for rejection.
- Immediately after the commencement of the CDS 2020 please check that the test booklet supplied to you does not have any unprinted or torn or missing pages or items etc., if so, get it replaced by a complete test booklet of the same series and subject.
- Do not write your name or anything other than the specific items of information asked for, on the CDS answer sheet/test booklet/sheet for rough work.
- Do not fold or damage or put any extraneous marking over the CDS Answer Sheet. Do not write anything on the reverse of the answer sheet.
Different Ways To Use Previous Year Question Papers
UPSC CDS Previous Year Question Papers can prove to be very useful learning resources and enhance the outcomes of exam preparations. Here we have identified some of the most obvious ways in which the UPSC CDS Previous Year Question Papers can be utilized.
To know the exam pattern: Those who refer to the Previous Year Question Papers for preparations can easily notice changes in the exam pattern incorporated in due course of time. One must pay attention to the prioritization of sections in terms of weightage of marks allocated to each section and prepare for the sections with higher weightage better.
Use as mock test: UPSC CDS Question Papers can be useful as a mock tests to solve before the exam. They are real question papers from the CDS exam and solving them can give an idea of how the exam is. Candidates are advised to focus on their time management skills when solving mock tests.
To get common questions: Every year, questions are repeated from previous year papers. It is a common occurrence in many competitive examinations in India. Therefore, referring to UPSC CDS Previous Year Question Papers can help candidates learn questions that might be repeated in upcoming exams.