Direction (1-5): Some parts of the sentence have errors and have none. Find out which parts of a sentence has an error and blacken the oval corresponding to the appropriate letter (a, b, c). if a sentence is free from error, blacken the oval corresponding to (d) in the Answer Sheet.
(1) I asked two persons to (a)/ the way to the school (b)/ but none of them knew it (c)/ no error (d)
(2) You might as well (a)/ read a novel instead of (b) starting at the ceiling (C)/ No error (d)
(3) The report is candid in admitting (A)/ that the investment by the government (b)/ in health and
family planning have eroded considerably. (c)/ No error (d)
(4) We now look forward for (a)/ some great achievements (b)/ Which to some extent can restore
the country’s prestige once again (c)/ No error (d)
(5) The conference was (a)/ attended (b)/ by more than one hundred delegates (c)/ no error (d)
Direction (6-8): Out of the four alternatives choose the one which can be submitted for the given word/sentence
(6) Extreme anxiety, Sorrow, or pain
(a) pique (b) vexation
(c) chagrin (d) distress
(7) A region of injured tissue or skin in which blood capillaries have been ruptured, a bruise.
(a) pustule (b) knurl
(c) contusion (c) tumour
(8) The way in which a substance holds together thickness or viscosity.
(a) corpulency (b) consistency
(b) Exigency (d) Exultancy
Direction (9-11): The 1st and the last parts of the sentence are numbered 1 and 6. The rest P, Q,R and S. These four parts are not given in their proper order. Read the sentence and find out which of the four combinations is correct. Then find the correct answer and indicate it by blankening the appropriate rectangle in the Answer Sheet.
(9) 1. Reporters gather news for newspaper
P. the newspaper is sent to the distributors
Q. the news is classified and arranged by the editors.
R. it is printed in the press.
S. then the newspaper are sent to news agencies.
6. the news agencies sell the newspaper
(A) SRPQ (B) RPSQ
(C) QRPS (D) PRQS
(10).1. When he was a little boy, he lived on a farm in the country.
P. he used to feed the chicken in the morning
Q. after lunch, it was too hot to work or play
R. it was his grandfather’s vegetable farm,
S. then he played in the field until noon,
6. so everyone took a nap for two or three hours.
(a) PQSR (B) RPQS
(C) PSRQ (D) RPSQ
(11) 1. It was 7 o’clock in the morning.
P. he was keenly looking at approaching vehicles.
Q. his house was in the lead.
R. shardui was waiting for his school bus.
S. today is the final day of his school athletic meet
6. as a leader of the house, he wanted to win the general championship by scoring maximum
(A) PRSQ (B) SRPQ
(C) RSPQ (D) RPSQ
Directions (12- 16) : In the following questions, a part of the sentence is underlined part at (a), (b), and (c) which may improve the sentence. Choose the correct alternative. In case no improvement is needed, your answer is (d).
12. The more they earn, more they spend.
(a) the more they earn, the more they spend
(b) more they earn, the more they spend
(c) more they earn, more they spend
(d) no improvement.
13. I am very much interested in your story.
(a) have been very interested
(b) am much more interested
(c) am very interesting
(d) no improvement
14. Can you be able to please tone down your excitement ?
(a) can you please be able to tone down your excitement ?
(b) are you able to please tone down your excitements?
(c) Can you please tone down your excitements ?
(d) no improvement.
15. It very often happens that a man who talks most does little.
(a) the most do little
(b) mostly does a little
(c) much does little
(d) many does few
(e) no improvement
16. This book is the least expensive of the two books.
(a) the less expensive
(b) the lesser expensive
(c) less expensive
(d) same expensive
(e) no improvement
Directions (17- 19): In the following questions, four alternatives are given for the idiom/ phrase underlined in the sentence. Choose the alternative which best expresses the meaning of the idiom/phrase and mark it in the Answer Sheet.
17. To get up on the wrong side of the bed.
(a) to find oneself in a strange place when one wakes up especially after drinking a lot previous] night.
(b) to start the day in a bad mood which continues all day long
(c) to argue with your spouse
(d) to roll a lot in bed while sleeping
18. Good samaritan
(a) a very rich but humble person
(b) a person who helps others but with a hidden cause
(c) a charitable or helpful person
(d) a person who accepts defeat sportingly
19. To shoot the breeze.
(a) to do random acts hoping one will be successful
(b) to have a casual conversation
(c) to release stomach gases
(d) to brag about some mild achievement
20. Catch- 22
(b) happy moment
(c) run fast
Directions (21- 25): In the following passage, some of the words have been left out. First read the passage over and try to understand what it is about, then fill in the blanks with the help of the alternatives given. Mark your answer in the Answer Sheet.
We also need to work towards a re-engineering of procedures. It ……(21)…. that fear of being scrutinised by the office of the central vigilance commission has …..(22)…. loan officers in the public sector in to inaction. It. is …..(23)….. that does not extend credit to sound projects on grounds of …..(25)…. scrutiny.
21. (a) has been suggested
(b) were suggested
(c) are being suggested
(d) is suggesting
22. (a) encouraged (b) emblodened
(c) petrified (d) energized
23. (a) for (b) of
(c) as (d) to
24. (a) system (b) scheme
(c) structure (d) ideology
25. (a) pensive (b) retrospective
(c) reflective (d) contemplative
Directions(26- 30): In the following passage, some of the word have been left out. First read the passage over and try to understand what it is about, then fill in the blanks with the help of the alternatives given. Mark your answer in the Answer Sheet.
We are..(26)….in a time of great and …..(27)…..changes The most obvious ….(28)…. of the modern world is the…….(29)…..development of science and technology. this given man a deeper….(30)…. of nature.
26. (a) existing (b) living
(c) surviving (d) alive
27. (a) convenient (b) continuing
(c) converted (d) consequent
28. (A) part (B) side
(C) feature (C) nature
29. (a) magnanimous (b) erratic
(c) rapid (d) inconsistent
30. (a) understanding (b) control
(c) management (d) questioning
Directions(31- 33): A sentence has been given in Active/Passive voice. Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Passive/Active Voice and mark your answer in the Answer Sheet.
31. Do not disturb me.
(a) let me be disturbed not
(b) let me not disturbed
(c) let me not be disturbed
(d) let I not be disturbed
32. Let Sumita help him.
(a) let them be helped by Sumita
(b) let him be helped by Sumita
(c) let him helped by Sumita
(d) he should help by Sumita
33. It is good that your ideas can be expressed with such clarity by you.
(a) it is good that they can express your ideas with such clarity.
(b) it is good that such clarity can be expressed by you through your ideas.
(c) it is good that you could have expressed your ideas with such clarity.
(d) it is good that you could express yourself with such clarity.
Directions (34- 38): Sentences are given with blanks to be filled in with an appropriate word(s). Four alternatives are suggested for each question. Choose the correct alternative out of the four and .
34. A group of private companies have appealed to the SC…..continuity for the country’s citizen
identity programme Aadhaar……of the crucial hearing in the apex court.
(a) probing, putting
(b) seeking, ahead
(c) pursuing, in search of
(d) searching, taking
(e) exploring, in front of
35. An increase in income tax slabs, higher spending on agriculture and infrastructure, greater
efforts……..skilling and more public investment to…growth that’s what the Aam Aadmi expect
from the budget.
(a) for, turn (b) in, ride
(c) against, pick up (d) by run
(e) towards, drive
36. This letter is to .you with the problems faced by the society members.
(a) acquaint (b) illustrate
(c) convince (d) demonstrate
37. We can……see anything in the dim light.
38. The scheme allows students, from different countries to communicate……..
(a) each other
(b) with each other
(d) with one another
Directions(39-40): In the following questions, out of the four alternative, choose the one which best express the meaning of the given word and mark it in the Answer Sheet.
(a) eager (b) anxious
(c) unwilling (d) wanting
(a) oppress (b) perform
(c) control (d) suppress
Directions(41-42): In the following questions, choose the word opposite in meaning to the given word and mark it in the Answer Sheet.
(a) enamour (b) rebuke
(c) criticize (d) praise
(a) enamour (b) locate
(c) break (d) concentrate
Directions(43-45): A sentence has been given in Direct /Indirect form, Out of the four alternatives suggested, select the one which best expresses the same sentence in Indirect/ Direct form and mark your answer in the Answer Sheet.
43. “I don’t know the way. Do you?” Vipul asked .
(a) Vipul said he didn’t know the way and asked her if she did.
(b) Vipul said he didn’t knew the way and asked her if she did.
(c) Vipul said he didn’t knew the way and asked her weather she did .
(d) Vipul said that he didn’t know the way and asked her if she did.
44. The guide suggested, “Let’s rest here for a while.”
(a) the guide suggested that we should rest ther for a while.
(b) the guide suggested we should rest for a while
(c) the guide suggested that we rest there
(d) the guide suggested resting for a while there
45. ” Good-bye! Dear friend”, said the patriot, “we will meet again.”
(a) The patriot said good-bye to his dear friend and said that they will meet again.
(b) the patriot bade his friend good-bye and said that they must meet again.
(c) bidding his dear friends good-bye the patriot said that they would meet again.
(d) the patriot said good-bye to his friend and said that they are sure to meet again.
Directions(46-50): In each sentence below four words have been printed in bold which are numbered 1, 2, 3 and 4 . One of these words may be misspelt or inappropriate in the context of the sentence. Find out the wrongly spelt or inappropriate word ,are correctly spelt and are appropriate the answer is 5, i.e All correct.
46. Scholership (b) partnarship
(c) entrepreneurship (d) leadeship
47. (a) passimism (b) optemism
(c) consumerism (d) communlism
48. (a) announcment (b) estableshement
(c) commencement (d) committment
49. (a) coreigible (b) coraegible
(c) correigible (d) corrigible
50. (a) precarius (b) preceede
(c) premier (d) preperation
- Newspaper sell because of news and editorial coverage but it gets more revenue from advertisements. News costs money, while advertisement fetch the money. The economics of modern newspaper is such that it cannot run by just selling news. it has to depend on advertisement. The economics of newspaper and businessman who can afford to buy newspapers and businessman who can afford to advertise in it. The growth of the press depends on both. Therefore, in newspaper management neither aspect can be neglected.
- Co- ordination among the various departments editorial circulation, advertising and production is very essential for effective and better management the heads of various departments must be part of the management of newspaper. They must be aware of the goals set, policies and future plans of the management, They can’t afford to remain cut off from the mainstream of management function in edition, each department should keep the other department management informed of those of its activities that will be useful to them this is a vital aspect of newspaper management.
51. The growth of a newspaper depends on-
(a) the editorial and news coverage
(b) large scale subscribers
(d) subscribers and advertiser
52. The main idea conveyed in the first paragraph of the passage is –
(a) the growth of press
(b) news and editorial coverage
(c) the economics of newspaper publishing
(d) the importance of advertisement
53. The main idea conveyed in the second paragraphs of the passage is-
(a) the role of the heads of departments of a newspaper
(b) the future of newspapers
(c) hoe to sell newspapers
(d) effective sells
54. The word “goal” in the passage means-
55. Which news is not important
(a) selling news is not important
(b) editorial coverage matters for sales
(c) advertisement are needed for a paper to survive
(d) all departments have to be in touch with other departments
* All the best*