The words of The Hindu become more important if you want to take any job in SSC, banking sector, if you want to get good marks in English sections, then the word of The Hindu plays an important role for that. Here we can read the Vocabulary posted on 09th May and can also practice its quiz.
Saturday, 09 May 2020
●The Hindu Vocabulary For All Competitive Exams.
- PALATABLE (ADJECTIVE): (सुहावना): pleasant
Synonyms: acceptable, satisfactory
A device that made increased taxation more palatable.
- CONVINCE (VERB): (विश्वास दिलाना): persuade
Synonyms: satisfy, prove to
Raj’s expression had obviously convinced her of his innocence.
- RESTRICT (VERB): (प्रतिबंधित करना): limit
Synonyms: control, regulate
Antonyms: set free
Some roads may have to be closed at peak times to restrict the number of visitors.
- DISTRESS (NOUN): (पीड़ा): anguish
Synonyms: suffering, pain
To his distress he saw that she was trembling.
- COMMOTION (NOUN): (हलचल): disturbance
Synonyms: racket, uproar
She was distracted by a commotion across the street.
- MISERY (NOUN): (दुर्गति): hardship
Synonyms: suffering, affliction
A man who had brought her nothing but misery.
- ADRIFT (ADJECTIVE): (डाँवाँडोल): drifting
Synonyms: unmoored, unanchored
A cargo ship went adrift.
- CONTENT (ADJECTIVE): (संतुष्ट): contented
Synonyms: satisfied pleased
He seemed more content, less bitter.
- RIDICULE (NOUN): (उपहास): mockery
Synonyms: derision, scorn
He is held up as an object of ridicule.
- MAESTRO (NOUN): (माहिर):
Synonyms: master, expert
A Vietnam vet turned movie maestro.